The Basic Ingredients
- I cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic olive oil
- 4T. Beeswax pastilles
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 4 oz. jars
- Lavender EO
- Lemon EO
- Tea Tree EO
- Frankincense EO
- Peppermint EO
Want to know the Best way to purchase these Oils?
Find out HERE why I would only recommend doTERRA essential oils!
I was first introduced my salve back in 2013 and it’s always been a hit! It’s simple to make, has few ingredients, and it has a ton of uses!
You want to use only the most pure ingredients in your All-Purpose Healing salve!
I can’t say this enough! If you choose to use ingredients that aren’t the highest quality your salve will suffer and your efforts will be wasted! So, why these ingredients? Solid organic coconut oil has powerful properties and is extremely good for your skin; it’s naturally moisturizing! I also learned years ago that it’s the only source of lauric acid outside of mother’s milk! Organic Olive oil also has beneficial properties and has lots of antioxidants. Here’s why we choose to use these powerhouse essential oils in the salve!
- Lavender essential oil is rejuvenating for the skin!
- Lemon essential oil is beneficial for cleansing.
- Tea Tree is great for wound care.
- Frankincense is restorative.
- Peppermint is invigorating and cooling.
- Slowly melt the coconut, olive oil and beeswax in a warm bath, stirring with a knife every few minutes until melted. You want very low heat and don’t want the water to splash and mix with the ingredients melting. Stir consistently. I like to use a Pyrex measuring bowl with a spout. I used a wide mouth mason jar back in the day and it can be harder to pour into jars!
- While waiting for the melt, line up four 4 oz. jars with your essential oils nearby. Decide which blends you want to create and add the essential oils to the jar before filling.
- When the coconut oil, olive oil, and beeswax have completely melted, add vitamin e oil and stir carefully.
- Lastly, Fill each jar with the melted coconut and olive oil stopping a half inch from the rim. You don’t need to stir!
- Let cool until the salve hardens. Top with paper towel while cooling. I typically let it sit over night or at least half a day. Secure lid tightly after the salve hardens.
Your salve will last approximately 4 to 6 months without vitamin e oil added. With your vitamin E oil (preservative); you will have 6 to 8 months.
- DIY Immortelle: Frankincense, Lavender, and Cypress are used as an anti-aging blend. While this blend doesn’t contain Helichrysum or Rose essential oils, it’s a powerful trio creating a potent anti-aging blend. Add 10 drops to each jar.
- L.L.P: Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint: Especially beneficial for seasonal support that manifests through skin outbreaks. LLP has skin softening, soothing properties of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint. Add 10 drops to each jar.
- Sassy Salve: The Slim & Sassy salve is great on your feet at night before bed to help you sleep and I use it on my legs and thighs after getting out of the shower to help with cellulite! You could also make a salve with another sleep combo such as Lavender, Cedarwood, Vetiver, or even Serenity!
- All Purpose Healing Salve: This recipe uses the powerhouse oils of Lemon, Tea Tree, Frankincense, and Lavender; 8 drops Lavender, 6 drops Lemon, 4 drops Tea Tree, 3 drops Frankincense.
- Dry, cracked heels
- Chapped hands
- Chapped lips
- Scaly elbows
- After shower moisture
- Scratches, bruises, and cuts
- Insect bites
- Diaper Rash
- Sanitizer or moisturizer
- Wound salve for people and animals
I’ve used these salves in a multitude of ways over the years and also have given them as gifts to many people in our lives! Due note that a blend with citrus oils will make you more photosensitive in the sun and to use caution!
All Purpose Healing Salve or Ointment
- 32 oz. Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- 4 cup Pyrex glass measuring cup
- Large pot or double boiler
- 1 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 4 Tbs. Beeswax Pastilles
- Essential Oils
- 1 drop Vitamin E Oil
- Slowly melt the coconut, olive oil and beeswax in a warm bath inside the wide mouth mason jar.
- Stir with a knife every few minutes until melted.
- Line up four 4 oz. jars or tins with your essential oils nearby.
- Decide which blends you want to create and add the essential oils to each jar before filling.
- Fill each jar with the melted coconut and olive oil stopping a half inch from the rim.
- Let cool until the salve hardens. Top with a paper towel while cooling.
- Secure lid tightly after salve hardens.